Monday 16 May 2011

Speaking from Experience - Folders Pt 2

I have decided that I will start of experimenting with the design of the folders, and then spread the same sort of design across all other products. Before I started, I want to make them so that the designs are like simple Graphic Design elements, so that when people see it they will know it's Graphic Design related. So I first of started with doing some quick 10 minute research finding different elements on designs that I could use to influence what I do. These are here. From this research it is clear that it is just basic shapes and what not that are used, and as long as the layout of the designs is as good as it can be then it looks good.

I got to experimenting with a variety of ideas for the folders as a starting point to what I could do. I did it straight digitally because it is literally just basic shapes so I don't think I necessarily need to draw them out.

Circles
















Corner







Circles 2




I printed examples and put them on to a mock up folder to get an idea of how they may look.




Quote



I printed examples and put them on to a mock up folder to get an idea of how they may look.





I think from all the experiments I made, the typography approach works the best. This will keep the whole thing simple, and will be the easiest to spread across all of the designs I need to do. In this experiment I have started each of the ones that could possibly be used for each product with the word Because. I think this will be a good way to maybe have an explanation as to why each are in the pack, and keep it less formal in general.

I will take each of the ideas I have so far to the crit with me and see what feedback I get from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment