Thursday 26 May 2011

Lovin' Leeds

Over two Thursdays we had a workshop with John called Lovin' Leeds, where we were to come up with a huge event that would be sort of similar to the Woodstock event that happened in USA back in the 60's. Unfortunately I missed the second session due to the fact I was ill, but that has already been discussed. Even so, here are the worksheets from both the sessions for our idea.

The idea was to create a massive sleep over where anyone and everyone would be invited to join in. The original thought for the project was to try break a world record, and after many ideas we came up with this. At first, thinking 'big' was quite a hard thing to do as with the other briefs we have done so far on the course we have had to think realistically, as if they would be live briefs happening. Even so, once the group shook this off and got more into the workshop it turned out to be quite fun actually imagining these 'big' things happening.

I have definitely learnt from this workshop to think that bit further with things that I do, and not to just stick with what I know I would be capable of achieving, and I do think that this reflected a little with the Speaking from Experience brief as I think at the start of the year, or even on the previous module I wouldn't necessarily have thought I could have produced 'so much' and maintained a moderately high level that I have. So because of this I am glad that John has pumped this kind of thinking into me, and I will certainly think more like this in the future.








No comments:

Post a Comment