Friday 20 May 2011

Speaking from Experience - Folders Pt 3

Once I was happy with the different lines of text I came up with for each of the different products I am making, I began to edit the folder design. I will still edit this until I am happy and then begin to spread the same sort of designs across everything to keep it all visually consistent.

I began by changing the quote on the folder, followed by experimenting with how to have the spine of the folder.





I figured that from looking at the experiments for this, they will need a little 'more' on them, so started to think about having like a one line explanation about the module(s) that will be in the folders. I wanted to keep them really simple and straight to the point, so I came up with:
  • The main modules that run one after the other throughout the year.
  • The module that learns you all the basics and runs throughout the year.
  • The module where you have to think about more than just design.
  • The modules that help you develop, and learn more than just design.
I started to apply these then to the folders.






I decided to leave these for a little bit, and moved on to the section of the folder that is intended for the student to write down the different briefs and tasks they do within the module that will be going into the folder. I don't want this to look crap, and just be a few random lines so decided to do it with dotted lines instead. This will be on the inside of the front cover of the folder.


Once I did this I moved back onto the spines of the folders, making little changes.




Once I was happy with how each looked, I put all of the just the spine sections together, as if they would be stood together on a desk or something and I realised it looked a bit shit when they were all together as nothing really lined up properly and just looked random, so I worked on getting some consistency within these.






I am now happy with how these are, so I moved back on to the inside cover of the folder, editing these slightly.


I think overall they look good, but I just think it needs something on the back of the folders, so I figured I would have the Course name and College name, to make it seem a little more 'officially for this course'.


This is how each now look at this stage. I am happy with how they have turned out.














See the finished products here.

No comments:

Post a Comment