Monday 23 May 2011

Speaking from Experience - To Do List Pt 2

Keeping a To Do list is something that everyone does, and I asked a few people if they had any with them to look at to see how they did theirs.





 I just want to keep the ones that I do simple because I don't see the need to over complicate them. I sketched down a few ideas and then digitised one.



I am unsure what size to do the actual pages of the pad, so I decided that over the next week or so I would use them as I am intending for the student next year to, and see which size I think works the best after that. Also, I want to use a low gsm stock for the list to make it have sort of a discardable feel to it, so that the student would feel alright about throwing the list away once it is completed. As well as the fact that I will get more pages into the pad without it getting to be too thick. So as well, I printed lists to use on both the normal paper and layout paper that I have listed on the Paper Stocks post (here). Here is the different lists I made:



I think the better one of the two is the narrower version. This is because you don't need 'loads' of room to keep the list, and this way it will be easier to get more pages from less prints.


So using the template I used for the actual pages, I then put together what would be the front cover to the pad. Again the same as the notebooks it is obvious what it is and what it's for so it doesn't really need an explanation so I will keep it simple and just have the quote. I want the cover to be of a thicker stock than the layout paper so I have decided to print it on to the Ice White Canford Paper. I played around with how the quote will read and look before I printed it out.






See the finished product here.

No comments:

Post a Comment