Thursday 26 May 2011

OUGD103 Module Self Evaluation

What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
One thing I think I have developed a lot through this module is my development skills. I haven't just stopped when I have got to the point when I thought I was 'finished', I left it for a while and came back to it which always turned out to be beneficial as I always found something I weren't so keen on once I came back to them.

What approached to/methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
Throughout this module it has been more focused on what I will produce in answer to the brief so my method of research was so that it would feed into what I was doing and inform/inspire me to do better or change what I was doing. I found this research quite interesting and rather enjoyed it as it meant I was directly looking for something similar to what I was doing and not having to plough through loads of unnecessary information to find something I could use.

What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
Again, my development skills throughout this module have been better than they have in previous modules, but I also think this came down to my better handling of my time management throughout. I have made sure that I have kept up with things and not really 'left' anything for too long so I have felt a lot more on top of things.

What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?
I think in general I could have done more research than I have and probably made it more varied rather than keeping it focused. Even though I did like doing the more focused research, I think if I were maybe to have kept it more general it could have changed my outcomes in a better way - or worse. It would probably have allowed me to be a bit more experimental.

Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
  1. I have kept on top of my blogging a lot better with this module than I have previous ones. Still weren't absolutely on top of it but didn't leave too many things until the last minute so it had made the actual deadline a lot more bearable.
  2. Developing work that bit further has proved worth while with these briefs, so I will make sure I will keep practicing these skills in the future.
  3. I will do more experimenting with different ideas before making definite decisions for what I am doing on longer briefs to see what sort of things I come up with.
  4. I had difficulty booking into the digital print room in time for the final crit for Speaking from Experience so I will make sure I plan ahead and book times well in advance to make sure that I get in in time.
  5. Explore my target audience I am producing a brief for better as I feel I haven't really done this properly this time, and this may help me make better decisions as to what to do.


How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
Attendance: 4
Punctuality: 3
Motivation: 4
Commitment: 4
Quantity of work produced: 4
Quality of work produced: 4
Contribution to the group: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment