Tuesday 24 May 2011

Design Is About Doing - Further Development

I left it quite a while before I came back to this brief, and with the time limit and everything else that is left to do before the module submission, I don't have the time to be able to screen print the poster. Even so, I think just having it printed on a nice stock will give it a similar sort of 'finished' feel I am after.

I have done a lot of research for multiple things since this brief, and have seen some good layouts and techniques I would be interested in trying. One layout example I have found would work really well for the idea I have for this brief, so I will interpret this and manipulate it to make it work better. I will use the same information and typefaces and what not that I have used previously.

I started by working on the layout of the information on the poster first.







I narrowed down the designs until I ended up with the one I think works the best, and then began working with the title. I have decided to change this slightly to make it fit more with the tone of voice for the rest of the design. First though, I changed the format of the poster slightly so that it read better.


The title I have decided to use is this.


Once I positioned this right on the page, I started to think about the format of the poster, as it was suggested to do so in the crit feedback. I think because the information looks rather lost in the middle of the artboard I have been using, I decided to experiment with one with a 2:1 ratio, and positioned it better within the frame.



I am happy with the progress I have made on the poster. A thing I have learnt throughout this module is once I think I have 'finished' with something, I should then leave it for a while and come back to it. That way I will see any mistakes or what ever I have made and be able to put them right.



No comments:

Post a Comment