Sunday 29 January 2012

Top Ten - Blink 182 60 Second Sequence - Initial Ideas

The progress crit is coming up soon so I really need to begin ideas for my 60 second title sequence as this is the thing that is lacking now between this and the idents as I haven't really got anything down for it yet. I have been constantly thinking about it to come up with ideas, and a I discussed a little in the previous crit, I'm a little torn as to whether to use more than one song or just one as I have no idea about sound or anything or how I would even have sections of more than one song, so I am leaning a lot more to having just one song on the sequence and making it a longer version of kinetic type for one of the songs. 

I think instead of doing as I have previous and having the songs work within the frames and move around, because I have a lot longer for this I could possibly try out the idea I got from this example I looked at here, and have the words essentially do the same as I have been thinking of previously but then at the end maybe zoom out to reveal that in actual fact they have made a shape or something.

The Blink 182 smile logo is the obvious decision for this in my opinion as when many people see it they immediately know that it's relating to Blink. I drew this out first.


My initial idea was to use this to help map out how I would have the words appear, but I think it will be a lot easier to do it straight on illustrator as it will be easier to work out the scale of the words and what not and see how they fit together better - this may be cheating a little? But it will be easier and I do think I'll get more from doing it like this.

For the song I will choose, I had a listen through them all to see which would fit best within 60 seconds and it turned out to be the I Miss You one, which I think is rather convenient as it's also the number 1 song - so I have decided to use these lyrics and this song for the title sequence. Here's how the smiley face turned out on illustrator.



A zoomed in section of the smiley.


When I first completed this, and zoomed out to get a better look at how it turned out, I didn't like it. There's just something that I don't like. Maybe it's because the words seem so spread out and that, and I think the only real interesting part of the sequence will be the actual arrows with having the rotation and what not. When I looked at it again later on it did grow on me a bit but I don't really think it's strong enough of an idea and a visual to produce.

My next thought then was to have the words make the number 10, and then as the sequence zooms out the the end to reveal it I could include the rest of the title around it and have the main focus on the 10. I do like the idea of this more than I did the previous, so again on illustrator I mapped out how the words will possibly fit together to make the right shape. Here's how this turned out.



Zoomed in section.


Thinking about how I didn't like that there wouldn't be much variation in the rotation as such on the previous idea, I tried to include the words so that there would be plenty of movement throughout the whole sequence. I do prefer this idea a lot more than the previous one so I'll see how the crit goes and decide from then.

No comments:

Post a Comment