Monday 7 February 2011

Final Crit Presentation

After having the weekend to reflect on the feedback we received from the final crit (link), we then had a final crit presentation the following Monday, where we each put out all of the work we have produced for this brief: such as the final product, and all development work. Then we left a feedback sheet at the side and went round in groups of threes leaving feedback on each others sheets saying what we think and possible ways to improve on what they had. We filled this in in the top section of the sheet, and then after it had finished, we read through what we got and had to write down 'actions to be taken'.

Here is how my sheet turned out:


Actions To Be Taken:
  • When I started this project and came up with the idea for the book, I originally decided it would be Product and Distribution, basically because I am distributing my finding through my product. But since I have decided to expand on the book to the mini books and what not, these are basically promoting the book. So there is a fine line as to whether it is now Product and Distribution or Product and Promotion.
  • The first lot of facts that I was aiming to put in when split into actual facts added up to 100, but since I have added more where relevant and what not it took the number over 100. Although when counting them more as bulk facts rather than each little fact it still adds up to 100 facts - which is in fact my link to Collection 100.
  • Using the Starbucks colour scheme would make it look as though it is a product emerging from Starbucks, which is something I want to steer clear from as it is about coffee in general, not about Starbucks coffee. Which is why the colour scheme is kept to be as little as it is, not only because it looks effective, but also so that it doesn't have a link to any famous brand.
  • It is aimed at Coffee Lovers, as I couldn't really imagine someone who loves tea and despises coffee would really be interested in reading lots of facts about it. It does explain on the inside of the belly band basically who it is targeted at, as well as on the last page with the section titles 'Remember Coffee Lovers...'. It would be distributed by being available to buy from somewhere, probably a website or in coffee stores - I could maybe look at designing a website or something where it would be available from.
  • 'Needs to smell of coffee' - yes, good idea. But imagine if someone was to actually buy the book, or even with the one that I will make for my final and keep for a long time, imagine the smell of it after a few years.. I can't imagine it being still as appetising. I did consider this but in the long run wouldn't be very nice.
  • Numbering the pages would essentially mean including a contents page at the beginning of the book to give them a purpose of being there. I did consider a contents page, but as explained whilst designing the book, I don't really feel it would be necessary to have as it is a book of facts to read about coffee and wouldn't really need something directing people to a certain page. It would be more of a light read to have with a nice cup of coffee. I do like the idea of having numbers in little coffee rings though.
  • 'Really nice work!' - Thanks to who ever said this and everyone who added to it by putting yes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment