Monday 7 February 2011

100... - Book Designs

Here is how the final layouts for my book look. Here is page numbers 2 - 31, and numbers 1 and 32 are just blank pages to help attach it with the book cover I will design.


I think to look at all of the layouts together like this really helps to see that each definitely work along side each other, and none differs too much from the rest. 

Book Cover
I want the cover for the book to reflect well on the contents of it, but at the same time keep it simple so that it doesn't make it seem over promising, or make it look like something it's not. The title of the book will be the quote which I have used on the first proper page, as I think it is very effective, and will draw attention to it. It will also include my name, as books usually do have the author on them, and I will include the title of the brief to tie it in more with it. I will also have a quick sentence basically to introduce the book and sort of explain what it is about.

I drew out a few layout tries for the cover to give me a guide to how it should look. 



I want to keep the back just simple so I will just have the Collection 100 and my name section on the bottom in the center of the page same as the front, but maybe a little bit bigger.



The spint of the book will be squared so I have done some quick tried of how and what to put on this. I will have on it Collection 100, my name, the module code and coffee facts. Just so that if there was a pile of them or if it was in a book shelf it would be easier to find and understand what it is.



Here is how the design of the book cover will be.



Belly Band
I have decided to also have a belly band going around the center of the book. For this I will use a brown paper to make it stand out more, and also when put together will look a bit like one of the sleeves you get from some coffee shops that goes around the cups to protect your hands from the heat of it. This will basically cover the quote section og the cover, so I will put this on the front part, and also on the flaps that go inside the book I will type a quick paragraph basically explaining the purpose of the book because I don't have this anywhere. Also, on the inside flat I will put that it is designed by me, and the course and module code on it to act a little like the publishing details, but more to explain that it is my work.

Here is how it will be printed on to the brown paper:




No comments:

Post a Comment