Monday 4 October 2010

Alphabet Soup - Existing Font Decision

For my starting point to my designs, I need to choose an existing typeface to develop into my own designed typeface. I have decided to choose one now because I think it will help me concentrate more on developing the designs than I would considering whether the typeface is right or if I should have used a different one for a particular idea.


I used charlottes name when I typed out the examples because as well as the full typeface I am going to produce, I will also be designing her a 45mm x 90mm name badge.

The fonts that I have used for examples in order are:
  1. Myrida Pro
  2. Arial
  3. Arial Bold
  4. Andale Mono
  5. Bell Gothic Std
  6. Futura
  7. Helvetica
  8. Impact
  9. Krungthep
  10. Lithos Pro
  11. Nueva Std
  12. Optima
  13. Tahoma


The font that I have decided to use as my existing one is Futura.


I have chose this because...


Here is the typeface set out as I will be having my final outcome poster. I have used the suggested symbols for now until I decide which ones to design with the typeface:





No comments:

Post a Comment