Tuesday 19 October 2010

Alphabet Soup Illustrator - Experiments

I was practicing some of the skills that I have learnt from the Illustrator Induction sessions we have had and decided to create some my possible manipulated letterforms to use for my finals.

I came up with an idea to manipulate certain body parts into a lowercase g. I wanted to keep them simple and followed the brief with it saying we can use just one colour, so I used the same within each (where needed).

Here is the letterforms I just created and experimented with.


After looking back over the brief that I am using to respond to with these, I am not sure if they would work well in response to it because I don't know if it has to relate to the Alphabet Soup Part 1 brief we did. So I asked Amber and she said it doesn't, and we can literally do what we want for this so long as we end up with the 26 manipulated letterforms. I showed her these experiments that I have done, and she said they are good, and to maybe try as well as this to push the actual letterform as far as it would go as well until it is only just legible. 

So, before I make more of these or try something later, what I first need to do it to work on manipulating the actual letterforms and pushing their boundaries, and go from there really.

No comments:

Post a Comment