Friday 14 September 2012

Typographic Expression 2

When ever I think back to the Typographic Expression idea that I have I don't really feel it's a brief for me to do as one of my 10. I've tried a few times now to consider how I could really develop it, taking into account the ideas that I have come up with already for it.

I think using the names is a bit too similar to the Your Own Memorial brief idea, so I think I want to develop away from this because it's a bit daft having two briefs being that similar - may as well make it into one brief if I was.

I like the idea of doing something relating to music, so I have decided that that will be the first area that I will develop it into. Also, I want to do a brief that would be a possible poster series, and I think that this starting idea would be pretty ideal for this.

  • Could select a specific band with many well known songs to produce a poster for say their top 10 tracks?
  • Could do a poster for each album that they have done, incorporating the songs into it that have been released from the album.
  • Could choose just one song that has story to it, and then produce a set of posters that develop from each other going through the whole song.
  • Could make it into a poster series where I design one a week for the duration of the module, producing a poster for a song I randomly hear/listen to at some point throughout the week - this would add more variety and a bit more of a challenge to the bried, especially if it is a song I am not so keen on or don't really know too well.
  • Would be a great project again to practice type skills, but also be a good brief from an aesthetic point of view - could make the posters pretty damn sexy (or at least try to).
Definitely liking the development of this brief so far and am a lot more keen on it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment