Wednesday 12 September 2012

Hot n Tasty

A friend of my mum own's two cafes in the Barnsley area. They are relatively popular and have some great tasting food. They originally started out with one not far from where we live, and after the success of that they decided to open up a second one (actually named Hot n Tasty II) in a different area. I don't really know too much into the history of it all, how they got started or the time limits of opening or plannings or anything like that, but from the design point of view, I think that this must have been one of the details they didn't really believe to be as important. For example...


Here is an image of the sign of their first cafe. Whilst yeah, it does its job in letting people know what they need to... yeah.

From a potential brief point of view, I could look into re designing their appearance, and look into designing things such as menu boards, advertisements, leaflets, uniforms, shop signs, etc for them. I will have a chat to Julie (the cafe owner) about this potential project to get her opinion on it, and whether I would get the thumbs up from her to go for it. It wouldn't necessarily be a live brief as such to the point where they would go ahead and use what I produce, but it would from the point that I would work on something live alongside a client getting her input into what I design and produce.

Before making any more decisions or ideas for this, first I must pay them a visit...

No comments:

Post a Comment