Thursday 13 September 2012

Make Your Mark

When I came across this work that I added on to my DC blog here, it reminded me of one of the D&AD briefs from last year that I came across called Make Your Mark.

"Open Brief 2 - Make Your Mark
Already planned your dream career? Well, make it happen. Make your mark as you enter the industry; we want to see what you’ve got, and how you intend to use it. There are a lot of graduates out there, how are you going to stand out from the crowd?"

The brief asks you to target your dream design studio, and produce something to make yourself stand out to them and know you exist basically. I really like the idea of targeting studios on a personal level so that they would take you more seriously. I've been wanting to design some sort of direct mail to send out to potential design studios that I really like, so I think making this into one of my briefs would be a good idea.


  • I could produce a specific number to do in response to the brief, say 10? That I actually do and mail out and wait for a response from, but could also make it open so that it could be easily edited to send out to more if I choose to.
  • Could be a basic design that can be easily updated or changed to suit specific design studios. 
  • Great way to get my name out there and getting studios I like to see my work and potentially gain something from.
  • It will allow me to put more time and effort into this to make sure it turns out successfully - I don't want to be making a fool of myself sending out something rushed!
  • It will allow me to really asses myself and how I would like to represent myself in something like this. Could even stretch it out to do my business card to match and website as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment