Thursday 27 September 2012

Decisions

After the briefing back on to level 06 with Fred, we were informed that we need to have at least a minimum of 4 substantial briefs to do in response to the first module. Considering the briefs that I have so far, I think I have these covered as they are ones that I want to get started with straight away.

The ones that I want to use for this module for definite are:

  • Make Your Mark
  • Hot n Tasty
  • Typographic Expression

I also want to have a solid, research driven brief (which I will come to blog soon that will be based on an ISTD brief). That then covers the 4 minimum briefs. We were told that there must be one competition brief, one live brief, one personal brief and one that doubles up on any of these.

Make Your Mark - Personal & Competition (D&AD)
Hot n Tasty - Live
Typographic Expression - Personal
Research Brief - Competition (ISTD)

Obviously, I want to try and push myself to do more than 4 briefs to try and ensure that I fulfil the module criteria the best that I can, so I will plan my time out effectively and see what I can do. I don't want to spread myself too thin and not complete briefs to the standard that I would like to, but at the same time I don't want to spend too long doing one thing when some of the time could be better spent doing others.

The other ones I would possibly like to also do during this first module is the collaboration with Baljeet on a branding brief, and possibly the fashion brand one. I am also going to keep my eyes open for any live briefs/other competitions that may come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment