Friday 14 September 2012

Clothing Brand

A couple of posts that I have added recently on to my DC blog have been of designs relating to a clothing brand, where the studio have designed things like the logo and what not for them. I really like the idea of this, and how I could produce something similar and possibly push it into a full branding brief designing everything for a clothing brand from the logo, through to the in store merch, as well as possibly a website and advertising both print and on screen.

For this, I could either team up with an existing, small clothing brand that is just starting out and offer to produce this for them, or at least ask to borrow their name, or alternatively I could come up with this from scratch and not make it into a live brief. I do like the not being a live brief idea so that I would have complete freedom on the project as a whole, but at the same time I think making it into a live brief would make it more real and add some boundaries for me to stick to.

This is a brief that I know I want to undertake, so I will keep my eyes peeled in the mean time for a possible collab with a small clothing brand just starting out and maybe ask around a bit, but if nothing does come up then I will go ahead and do the brief anyway starting from scratch with it.


  • Starting from scratch wouldn't mean that I would also design the clothes that would be available under the brand.
  • I will look into designing the brand to be both an online store as well as being an in store one.
  • I'll look into designing everything down to the small details that would maybe not always be considered to be designed.
  • The colour scheme I use will be the key to the whole project and highly influence what I do and how I present the work at the end.
  • This will be an interesting branding brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment