Friday 16 December 2011

Black & White plus 1 Colour?

As explained briefly in the previous blog post, since starting doing the storyboarding I have been toying a bit with how I could use black & white plus 1 colour within my sequences without it looking shit basically. I am never really one to be adventurous with colour and prefer a lot of thing to be black and white. I don't want to start and do things like having the outline of the letter black and the fill a colour then the background white as I think this would just look naff.

Whilst I was watching (quite a lot of) kinetic type examples to find one to use for the timeline workshop we did, one thing I immediately noticed which I have also noticed prior to starting this module when I have ever watched any, is that the best sequences usually have a nice coloured, slightly textured background to the video. I have included examples of this on my design context blog.

Therefore, I have decided that to solve the problem, I am going to have a nice white and blue background to my sequences and have the type itself black - that's then black and white plus 1 colour. I'm saying this before even touching a mac with any designs yet for this module so this post may turn out to be totally irrelevant in a few days time - we'll see. So now I have decided that, I spend a short while putting together a variety of possible backgrounds to choose from for the sequences.










I layered a few different textures up and played around with them a little and ended up with quite a few nice ones I could possibly use. I am not sure if I prefer the white and blue ones or the black and blue ones so this will be something I can try out  a bit more once I start to produce my designs on the mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment