Friday 16 December 2011

Studio Workshop 3 - Type Safe Area Sequences

Studio workshop on 7/12/2011.

Tweening
The animators that do all the bits in between the animation

Key Animator
Doing all the important bits of an animation

Rules and Guidelines
On TV, the screen is cropped down. Using the guides given on PS and IL when setting up a document using the Film preset will help to keep this safe.


Typesafe Framing
Doing rough storyboards that are framed type safe using just letters, thinking how the frames will look at key moments in time.

Doing 5 ideas from the worksheets we produced in preparation for yesterdays workshop (here), I've to produce 5 ideas over at least 5 frames using just 1 word.




As easy as it was to portray my ideas across more frames, (I ended up doing 8 for each as you can see) I don't fully understand the point of todays workshop. I do understand that any type that I will use that I want to be readable needs to stay within the type safe area, but doing these sequences using the key frames of them just felt like I was doing the same as what I have already done but using more frames. Maybe I missed the point a bit? If I get the time I may revisit this task and do some of the more detailed ideas that I have come up with to see if it is more beneficial for these.


Task for tomorrow
Think about Aftereffects and how it works and come up with questions to ask about how stuff worked and what not ready for tomorrow. Bring in a written set of Q's - at least one.

No comments:

Post a Comment