Friday 16 December 2011

Question for Lorraine

Following yesterdays workshop, I was to come up with at least one question that I could ask Lorraine in todays session for her to answer for me. The question I asked was

  • How long on average would it usually take to produce a 5 second sequence?

The immediate response I got was how long's a piece of string, which I anticipated as there is obviously not going to be a straightforward, set answer for the question but I am just wondering as sort of a ball point to know how to plan my time out effectively enough so I don't leave myself short towards the end of this brief and the end of this module meaning I'd have to compromise the quality of what I do in order just to be finished one time. She went on to explain that it does vary on how complex a sequence is, and gave an example how one of the third years last year decided to to a sequence that had a letter 'R' in it, made up of (I can't remember exactly how many) separate 'R's and had each individual one animated differently, and just the rendering on this took an hour and half. 

The main aspect I got from the answer for this, which is something she was saying in general and that was to allow myself an additional week of time than I anticipate I will need to ensure there's enough time for if something was to go horribly wrong. I will bare that in mind as I progress through the module.

No comments:

Post a Comment