Tuesday 26 April 2011

Visual Language - What Is A Line? - Final Books

I left it a little too late towards the deadline for me to start making the books, so it only really gave me one shot of getting them right the first time.Once I started doing them I realised how difficult it is for me to make sure it all fits together perfect, and there turned out to be a few little faults with them that I would change if I had the time.

Out of all of the books, the bike one turned out the best. All of the lines met up as they should have. The only problem was the covering of  the hardback. This could have been improved a lot better if I had more time, but it was rushed because I needed to get them finished. Even so, out of them all this is the most successful.



The iPod book also turned out alright, the covering of the hardback went a little better than the previous because I knew what I was expecting to happen this time. Even so, it still wasn't perfect. If I would have had more time I would maybe have experimented better with how I could have done this to make it look better overall.



I was running out of time making these books, and covering the hardback was so time consuming. It took almost as long as it did it put the books together, and I have a lot more things to do so I decided to come back to finishing these off. Even so, I ran out of time meaning I didn't get chance to do it. I am disappointed about this because I would have liked to have got them finished. I also think if I had more time I could have got them to a better standard.




Whilst I was cutting out the pages for the pint glass book, I didn't realise but the size of them changed for each, so when I put them together they didn't fit. I am very gutted because I had used all of my paper for the books so haven't got an opportunity to do it again, and it would change the whole thing if I was to start trimming each of the pages. So because of this I have decided to leave this one and not do it, because there isn't really anything I can do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment