Sunday 16 January 2011

Book Fair - Development

Considering how I can keep the letter A incorporated within my hotdog books, I sketched down a few quick ideas I had for me to consider. Before this though, I worked out how to fold the book from what I could remember from doing it before, and put this together to remind me for the future.



Whilst in one of the Visual Language sessions, using printed versions of the photos I collected that had the letter A within them, I drew all the lines together to make them look like random lines until you look closer and noticed that there is lots of little A's within it. I really like this idea.


I put a book together using similar to this on the back and then had it running through the pages but I didn't really like how it turned out, so I changed my idea.

I found a quote whilst researching for another brief:

"If A is a success in life, then A equals X plus Y plus Z. Work is X; Y is play; and Z is keeping your mouth shut."

I found it amusing and it links with the letter A so I decided to take a typographic approach and put it together.


















The final designs are:




Once I was happy with the the end designs of the hotdog books, I printed them out on a whole variety of stocks to see what it works the best on, rather than choosing just a normal stock.



Out of them all I liked the version on the blue paper and the grey paper, so I asked the opinions from people I am around all the time to see which they prefer the best.









I decided to go with the grey stock as I felt this worked that bit better than the blue one, so I went on to produce 10 of these which were then submitted to the book fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment