Saturday 8 January 2011

100... - Online Survey

I figured because everyone has their own personal preference to how they like their cup of tea/coffee, I have put together an online survey using a free website asking multiple questions to find out what preference for each aspect is most popular - i.e what type of milk is preferred. As well as asking more general questions such as how many cups they have a day and what not.

I have asked in total 10 questions, as well as one asking for people's names to give me a good idea on the male - female response I get. Some have multiple answers which the person participating has to select the right answer, and others have a text area where they type their own answer into.

The questions I have asked are:
  1. Do you drink tea/coffee?
  2. At what time of the day do you usually have your FIRST tea/coffee?
  3. How many cups of tea/coffee do you usually drink on an average day?
  4. Which brand of tea/coffee do you usually buy?
  5. So you take MILK with your tea/coffee?
  6. Do you take SUGAR with your tea/coffee?
  7. Roughly how old were you when you had your first full cup of tea/coffee?
  8. If tea/coffee suddenly became unavailable, what type of beverage would you replace them with?
  9. IF YOU DRINK TEA - Do you prefer your tea made straight in a cup or brewed in a tea pot first?
  10. Why do you usually drink tea/coffee?
  11. Thank you for taking this short survey, it will really help me with what I am working on at the moment. Please enter your name for this last question then that's all. Thanks.
The link for the survey is here.

The free service gives me up to 10 days to see my responses so after these 10 days are up, I will post the results up here.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results


I got in total 162 responses to my survey.

With the website I signed up to, for the questions I had multiple answers for it has an option to put the results into a pie chart/bar chart so I will use this to summarise these questions. For the other answers I will display them all and possibly summarise myself.

Result for question 1.



This result shows that tea is the most preferred beverage over coffee. But more people actually like both. This result quite surprised me actually as I was expecting coffee to be most popular. 


Result for question 2.



The most common time that people drink their first tea/coffee is between 6am and 10am. This basically means most people prefer to have them when they first get up on a morning.


Result for question 3.
Here is all of the responses I got for question 3.


I put together a tally chart to work out roughly how many cups a day were most popular. I put them into groups such as 1 -3, 4 - 5, etc and tallied down each response. For the ones where people have put answers similar to 2 - 3 cups I will take the largest number to add to the chart for each of those answers.

The results are:
     0 cups - 6
1 - 3 cups - 75
4 - 5 cups - 43
6 - 7 cups - 17
8 - 9 cups - 12
 10+ cups - 9

It seems the most average number of cups of tea/coffee people drink a day is 1 - 3 cups.

Result for question 4.
Here are all the responses I got for question 4.



Result for question 5.



This result was kind of expected that semi skimmed milk would be the most selected type of milk. I think this is because most people think whole milk is too creamy and skimmed is, well, crap.


Result for question 6.



This result got me thinking as more people prefer their drinks just as it comes without sugar, even so a lot of people do still prefer to have sugar. I don't think sugar should be added personally as I think it takes away the original flavours to the drinks.


Result for question 7.
Here are the responses I got for question 7.



Result for question 8.
Here are the responses I got for question 8.



Result for question 9.



I think this results shows how old traditions get old, such as making tea in a tea pot. I think this is probably because of peoples busy life styles these days, and don't actually have enough time to make it in a pot they want it more instant. Either that or people are just getting more lazy.


Result for question 10.


Result for question 11.



No comments:

Post a Comment