Saturday 29 January 2011

100... - Product Ideas

Using a pen and layout pad, I sketched down any ideas I come up with that I could produce for the brief. I ended up with 3 design sheets.




There are a number of these ideas that I feel would work well to answer the brief, but thinking with the point that we have to keep it linked to 100, it does take some ideas out of the equation. I don't really want to just do something typical for this brief either, like design my own brand of tea/coffee because I think that could be a little too expected. 

The idea that I feel would work the best from what I have come up with would be the book full of facts. This will ensure that I keep it linked to 100 by making sure I include 100 facts in it, and will allow me to experiment with how it could turn out to be.

The Book
With me producing a book, this gives me the option to either focus it on one category or make it more general. I put together a mind map to show the possibilities.



I do think focusing on one category for the book would be interesting, but would also be challenging to find 100 facts on it, so because of this I will do the book incorporating all of the facts I have found, and then within this I will have them split into categories.

In my research into existing projects done about tea/coffee there is a couple I have seen where the designer has produced an illustration over a coffee/tea stain. I think this looks very effective, and will experiment with doing this for the images within the book.

For the body copy I will write out all of the facts that I have so that they read in the same tone of voice throughout, and all follow on from each other.

The colour scheme will be just of the coffee marks, and then simple black and white illustrations/text to keep it simple and not over complicate it as a whole. Also by doing this it ensure that it doesn't lean the book to being linked to a certain famous brand, it will keep it more general which is what I am aiming for.

No comments:

Post a Comment