Sunday 2 January 2011

100... - Beverages

Beverages.


Define: beverages.
   - any liquid suitable for drinking "may I take your order"
   - a drink, or beverage, is a liquid which is specifically prepared for
     human consumption. In addition to filling a basic human need,
     beverages from part of the culture of human society.
   - a liquid to consume, usually excluding water; a drink. This may
     include tea, coffee, liquor, beer, milk, juice or soft drinks.
   - beverages - the 17 breweries for ale and stout, employing 1300
     persons, have an output of 52.4 million gallons valued at
     £9.8 million. Most of the malt for the breweries is made in
     Canterbury..
(link)

I found this as well that lists all sorts of different beverages and has a short description at the side of it explaining what each one is. It may come in handy at some point.




Types of beverages.
From the top list of definitions above, it is listed that the types of beverages available are:
  • tea/coffee
  • liquor
  • beer
  • milk
  • juice
  • soft drinks
So because listed here there is 6 different types of beverages, I will conduct a short statistical survey where I will ask people which of these beverages they choose/prefer, and then this will be the type of beverage I will continue my research on.

I figured the fastest way to get a decent enough result so that I can carry on with my work is to post the question on Facebook. As well as put it on a few peoples walls and send it out in messages to people. So to not influence any decisions I wrote the question out as:

"
RESEARCH FOR UNI: 
If you had to choose just one of these types of beverages, which would you choose/prefer?


tea/coffee
liquor
beer
milk
juice
soft drinks


Just send as a reply please. Thanks.
"


I will wait a short while and tally up my results...
The total amount of responses I received was 75, which I think is a good enough number to work with and gives a more accurate result, which was:


Tea/Coffee got the most responses by a huge amount from soft drinks which came second, so because of this I will now narrow down my research to just Tea/Coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment