Friday 4 March 2011

Design Is About Doing - Opposite Meaning Quotes

Whilst coming up with ways to make the quotes mean the opposite as to what is intended, I began sketching different thumbnail ideas for a few of them:





Whilst sketching down the thumbnails, I also began to develop the ideas digitally. I experimented with some of the initial layout ideas I got, and developed them further when once on the screen to see what looks 'best'.






Whilst processing through this project it just felt more and more like it just weren't working, and wasn't going to answer the brief effectively enough. I think even though the quotes are famous ones I don't actually know which ones the majority of people will know. Like I know the ones I know, but another person may not have heard of them. The alternative I thought would be to include the original quote within the posters as well as the opposite, but then I think this will take away the whole effect I am looking to achieve.

I have come to the conclusion that even though it is so late in the week, I am going to go with my instincts and change my idea. I think I will benefit from this, and will in the end be much more effective. Looking back to my initial ideas, I like the sound of the opposite advise idea. A lot of things I have been seeing lately, especially on Twitter now that I am using it for networking, is there are a lot of websites and things giving advise to people who want to be good designers and successful ad what not. So what I think will be an effective, and quite clever thing to experiment with is to do the opposite to this, and produce posters giving advise for people who want to be bad designers. This will be my new concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment