Monday 20 September 2010

Alphabet

This is the Alphabet that I designed in response to the summer brief we received. The aim was to develop it so that it reflects myself as an individual to then be communicated to our year group.




  • Each letter that spells out my name represents the physical aspect of me that people usually see. I showed this by using illustrations incorporated in each of the letters.
  • The rest of the letters are used to represent different things about me; such as where I am from, etc. I kept these designs more simple and just used words/symbols within the letters to show a clear distinction between this set and the other.
  • I hand drew each of the letter designs to represent the fact that I am hand made by myself and I am who I want to be, not what someone else has made.
  • I used a series of colours then with the designs to show the fact that I am bright and creative. 
  • For the background, I used a selection of photos of people I'm close to and places I've been. Then, using a bokeh style I made them look worn to represent the fact that they are timeless memories, and presented each of the designs to look like a series of polaroid pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment