Friday 26 October 2012

Make My Mark - Book Size

Considering the book idea, and after looking at the prices for postage and deciding to stick within the 'letter' proportions, I decided to start looking at the size that I could have a book if I do actually choose to go down this route.

At first I looked at having it to the largest possible size, which is A5. I used some stock that I have in at the minute at 160gsm. What stock and gsm I actually choose to use is yet to be decided, but I am thinking about using a heavier stock so this will give me a better idea. I cut it down to being A5, and after quickly considering the pages I had a rough idea that I would use 24 pages so I went with this.


This just feels a bit too big. Not sure. Decided to make it smaller, so I measured out a smaller sizes piece of paper to measure in proportion to it. 


I'm much happier with this size, so I trimmed it down to this size. It's 18cm by 12cm.


I put a quick paper cover round it to see how it would wrap around, and it works quite well.


So if I choose to go down this route with my project, I will use this size. I am also much preferring the idea of having it landscape rather than portrait. I have looked at some videos on youtube to try out some DIY book binding, and I feel confident enough that I could do it. Definitely something that I need to practice though first before I do it for the finished outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment