Tuesday 11 December 2012

Cocktails - Layouts

Time's ticking. I need to get cracking with the layout of the book ready for the final crit. I haven't finished and sorted all of the research just yet but getting this figured out can't hurt and may help me to figure out what else I need.

One of the most important things for the layout of the pages with the cocktail methods and what not is the cocktail illustration, so I want to make sure I get this spot on, so I experimented with it, with each of the different glasses to find one that works the best for all.
















Out of all the ones I have experimented with, the best one I think is the very simple in the middle of the left page. It's nothing fancy and lets the illustration do all of the work that it needs to, and just speaks for itself basically. 

So I applied this to each DPS for each of the different cocktails.












No comments:

Post a Comment